Ewent wants to make Ewent websites easy for you to navigate and Ewent Products easy for you to use. We are constantly improving Ewent websites and Ewent Products to make them more user-friendly.
What information is collected?
We collect the following personal and device information when visiting any of our Site or using our Products:
Personal & account Information
- Information you provide during device setup, such as your name, email address, phone number, the location of each device, and the number of people in your home.
- If you are invited to create an account from the owner of an Ewent product, we will collect your name and email address from the Ewent user that invited you. Your phone number and other account details will be obtained directly from you during the setup process, provided that you accept the invitation.
- Unique identifiers such as your user name and password.
- Which type of e-mail (information, driver/software updates, both or neither) you want to receive.
E-mail information using our contact form
When you use our contact form in order to send us general or support related questions, the following data will be stored by Ewent:
- Your e-mail address (encrypted)
- The subject of your e-mail
- The product your question(s) relates to (if applicable)
- The date and time of the contact
- The attachment accompanying your question (if applicable)
Providing us with feedback on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When you give us feedback on a frequently asked question in our FAQ section, the following data will be stored by Ewent:
- Your e-mail address (encrypted)
- Your feedback
- Whether or not our service department is allowed to contact you in response to your feedback
- The date and time the feedback was given
- Search queries
When you use the search option on the Ewent website your query and the date/ time of the query will be stored. The information stored does not contain personal information and is used to improve our search engine.
Where to buy / Store locator
No data will be stored when using this service.
Cookies, web beacons and other web tools
We use automatic data collection tools like cookies, embedded web links and widgets (collectively, "web tools"). These web tools collect certain information that your browser or your mobile device sends to Ewent websites and Ewent Products, such as computer IP address, browser type and service provider. In addition, Ewent uses small pieces of code called web beacons. Web beacons allow a website to transfer or collect information through a graphic image request. This allows Ewent to collect information such as the address of the page you are visiting, the address of the referring page you previously visited, what browser or mobile device you are using, and your display settings. Ewent and its partners use web beacons, for example, to find out if advertising on Ewent websites and other websites that contain Ewent ads is effective, or if certain videos on Ewent websites or social media accounts are being viewed.
Ewent may use web tools for the following purposes:
- To identify the user's country and language and distinguish you from other users of Ewent websites.
- To save your registration information for future use on Ewent websites and services.
- To allow customer surveys to appear or not appear to customers.
- To optimize your browsing experience by preloading certain features of Ewent websites and services on future visits to make loading times faster and more efficient.
- To understand how you use and interact with Ewent websites and services.
- To customize and provide you with a more personal experience when visiting Ewent websites or our advertising partners' websites or when using Ewent Products.
- To improve Ewent websites and services.
- To count visitors to Ewent websites, social media accounts and Products, and analyze website traffic, such as how many visitors have come to the Ewent websites and/or social media accounts from advertisements on advertising partner websites.
You have the following choices regarding Ewent's use of web tools:
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or mobile device. However, many features of Ewent websites and Ewent Products may not work as intended if you disable cookies, and areas that require registration or authentication and Ewent website store transactions will not be accessible.
- Audio and/or video is collected through the device. Audio and video data is stored securely on our servers to ensure you can access it and playback footage.
- Environmental data from Ewent’s sensors, such as motion, air quality, humidity, temperature, and ambient light.
- Device Information, such as model and serial number, physical network information (including IP address), device activity logs, and historic and current device configuration.
- Information about your mobile device such as your mobile device ID (which is similar to a website IP address), device type, operating system, and mobile service carrier as well as your location.
- The product-code of the product you register.
- The barcode of the product you register.
- The name of the Store where you bought the product.
- The location of the Store where you bought the product.
How do we use your information
We collect the information identified above and use it for the following purposes:
- Provide you with user services and improve the Ewent Product functionality and user experience.
- To fulfill orders and process payments for the sale of products or services from our Site.
- Administer your account and back-up your data.
- Record log entries for your information and troubleshooting issues with your device.
- Send you notifications through the Ewent app. You can manage your notification preferences within the mobile app menu.
- Send you marketing communications, where permitted by applicable law.
- To conduct research and analysis to better understand how users access and use our site and products, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our site, our products, create new features, provide you new offerings, respond to user preferences, and to protect your data.
- Respond to your questions and concerns and provide customer support.
How do we share your information
We will share certain categories of your information with third parties only in certain circumstances as described below:
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is information that contains data that could be used to directly or indirectly identify you, like your name or email address. We only share this information under extremely limited circumstances. Primarily, this information is shared with third parties to provide you necessary services or to operate your Ewent device. For example, this information is shared on a limited basis to assist in managing the computers that store your personal and device information and to third parties that assist us in providing you with customer support. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Specifically, we may share this information as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates and subsidiaries that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes. If we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, data storage facilities, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf (e.g., with vendors that help us with delivering products to you, vendors that help us maintain our Site, or analytic providers).
- In response to legal process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena. To the extent legally allowed, we will notify you of such requests prior to disclosing any information sought.
- To protect us and others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.
Information we share with your consentAnonymized informationWe may share your aggregated and de-identified information, which is anonymized and does not identify you. We may use this information in a variety of ways, including to publish trends about energy use or home security, and to generally improve our offerings. We may also share this anonymized information with third parties for marketing, research, or similar purposes.
We may share personally identifiable information with third parties provided we receive your consent to share that information. For example, you may opt to share certain information so it can be posted on your social media accounts like Facebook or Twitter, you may link your Ewent account with another app, Product or Service, or you may opt into providing information to Ewent’s business partners to receive special offers. Information will never be shared for these purposes without your consent. We never share your audio or video information with any third party for business or marketing purposes.
Information obtained from third parties
If you provide personal information about others or if others provide us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information collected by Ewent websites and Ewent Products. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its security; any transmission is at your own risk.
It is important to note that if you use a computer or device that can be accessed by others, other people may be able to access unencrypted Personal Information.
If you do not want your information to be available to others, exercise caution when using public computers or devices or when using any computer or device to which users unauthorized by you may have access.
We recommend that you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters, numbers and symbols when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. You should also be aware that names that you give your Wi-Fi-enabled devices, home networks and services (also known as "friendly names") may be detectable by others outside your home, so you should not use Personal Information as part of your friendly names.
Updates and upgrades
Ewent Products may be updated or upgraded from time to time to provide additional features, address technical issues, and generally make your user experience better. Some Ewent Products may include an auto-update feature, which gives us the ability to make updates automatically. You can change auto-update options by changing your settings within the Ewent Product account information where applicable. In very limited cases, updates may still be automatically applied, regardless of the auto-update setting. For example, we may provide an automatic update that prevents or fixes a security vulnerability or breach to your network.
Third party and social media linked sites
Removing your data
You can ask Ewent to remove any personal information you have entered on or website by sending an e-mail to communications@Ewent-online.com with the subject “Request for the removal of data on the Ewent website”. Please include the e-mail address you used when entering the personal information you want removed. Removing your personal information will be done within two weeks.
You can use your browser or special software to remove cookies, for more information see this page.
Updated Mar 01, 2017.